- The Weigh Forward is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all those who use our website and our services.
- In line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) it is important to us that our visitors and customers understand what personal data we collect or hold from you and how it will be processed.
Your Personal Data:
- If you purchase a fruit and veg box from our website you will provide us with your name, address, email address and payment details.
- Your details are held on our website database and on our internal paperwork to co-ordinate the deliveries.
- We ask for the personal details so that we can fulfill our contract with you and deliver your box to your address.
- We ask for your email address so that we are able to get in touch with you incase of problems or to clarify your special requests. We may also use it to contact you about additional products and services or for fundraising, events etc.
- We may end up storing your phone number if you choose to give it to us. This will be used to communicate with you about your data.
- Any data we hold and use is given to us with your consent and for us to complete our service.
- The staff at The Weigh Forward have access to your personal data. It may be necessary to share your name and address with volunteers or new staff who deliver for us. Our accountants may also see your data as they process our invoices etc.We will never share your data with anyone else.
- We will hold your data on our computers and we need to retain records for our financial commitments for 7 years.
- At the time you purchase we collect your payment type, transaction number (supplied by payment gateway), IP address (your computers ‘address’), the web browser and version and the full user-agent string. This information is taken to help secure the platform you are using.
- We do not store any card details from the user. All payments are forwarded to the payment gateways and processed by Stripe.
- For more information about how Stripe protect your data please visit https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Cookies are small, harmless files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, collect and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website.
- There are two types of cookies. Essential and non essential.
- Essential cookies do not require consent as they are necessary to ensure the working of the site. For example, the shopping basket requires essential cookies so that you can choose and purchase your items.
- Non essential cookies refer to marketing and analytical cookies. If you grant permission, the software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive to track and monitor your engagement and navigation of the website each time you visit.
- Stripe.com, checkout.stripe.com. M.stripe.com and m.stripe.network all use essential cookies for our payment and subscription to function:
- Thebetterweigh.co.uk uses wordpress cookies in the plug-ins and on the contact form that help us contact you and to build the website. In the future we may use analytical cookies like Google Analytics to help us understand how our site is being used and make improvements.
- When you first visit our website you will be given an opportunity to turn off any non-essential cookies and set your preferences. At present, practically all of the cookies we use are essential but we will always keep your fully informed.
- We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of our website users and the personal information that we hold. Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy and uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate.
- We have checked to the best of our knowledge that our website and hosting company have taken all steps possible to protect our site and data. The personal information you provide us with and we collect is stored on the shared hosting provided by Adventure Graphics Ltd within a secured MySQL database. For further details please visit https://adventuregraphics.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
- To further protect the data and sensitive data we use virus protection software and double passwords (manual and thumb print).
- While we do take all applicable technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, it is impossible for us to secure the whole internet entirely. As a user, it is your responsibility to acknowledge this and to understand that the personal details you give to us by your own choice across the internet are transferred at your own risk.
Social Media Platforms:
- Our social media engagement is subject to the customs and privacy policies of each social media platform. Social media may have their own tracking cookies in place.
- While we take great care to ensure the security and safety of our follower’s personal information it is up to the individual to use the platforms with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
- The Weigh Forward will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
- If we use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question, users do so at their own discretion. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s (web addresses) so that they look like this; http://bit.ly/wkDTpk18. These shortened URL’s can be prone to spam and hacking. Adventure Graphics cannot not take any liability for damages/implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
The Right to be Forgotten:
- We will always include a clear and straightforward opt-out method on all of our marketing email communication in the future with you so that you have an easy to follow route if you decide you no longer wish to be contacted by The Weigh Forward. Upon this request, your details will be removed from the database.
- You are able to manage the data stored in your online customer account and there is a ‘delete’ button that you can use. This will delete your personal details, however, The Weigh Forward still needs to retain your order history and transactions for 7 years for accounting purposes.
Your Data Protection Rights:
- Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required, is no longer relevant or you ask us to remove your details.
- You may request a copy of the personal data we hold for you or ask us to amend or delete your details free of charge. If you would like to make a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will respond to your request within 30 days providing you provide us with proof of identity if deem it necessary..
- It is important to us that our visitors and customers fully understand the privacy implications and this policy aims to outline the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and the website owners as openly and transparently as possible. If there is an area you are unsure about, please do not hesitate to contact us so we can talk you through it.
- We will update this policy in response to legal, technical or business developments. This policy was last updated in March 2020.
The Weigh Forward, Market Village, 65 S Parade, The Parade, Sutton Coldfield, B72 1QU